Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yeah, I like it... It’s like my late lent to blogging

I miss blogging. As I sit here on a purple yoga mat on my bedroom floor, MTV Asia blasting unfamiliar rock tunes from the TV sitting 3 feet in front of me, a fan blowing too much cool air into my face, I ask myself why I haven’t been inspired to write, inspired to blog, inspired to stay connected, inspired to share the stories that are dying to be shared. Why? The truth is, I don’t know.

Side note: Billionaire music video is on now so I think I’ll take a mini dance party break. Actually I want to write about this song for a minute because I think in a small way it relates to how I feel right now. So- for those who don’t know Billionaire is a song about a guy who wants nothing more than to be a billionaire. He sings about everything his life will be once he is rich. He can’t wait. ‘ I wanna be a billionaire so ehmm freakin bad’... So this is kinda is exactly how I felt about wanting to be a Peace Corps Volunteer. I wanted to be a Peace Corps Volunteer ‘freakin bad’. I had it set in my head that this is what I wanted. It’s all I thought about. It’s all I dreamed about. It consumed my thoughts. And now here I am. So now what? Am I living my dream? Did I get all the things that I wanted out of this? Did we become billionaires?

For me, I think I did. Actually, obviously I did. I’m in the Philippines working at a school doing almost exactly what I thought I would be doing, almost. I am living my dream. Okay- connection time. I think it’s easy to blog about your dreams, to talk about blogging about your dreams, but living your dreams is tough. I feel ordinary again. I imagine being a billionaire is exactly the same. Eventually your life just is what it is. I LOVE it here. I have a lot of fun and I feel inspired almost every day but I think it’s not the same type of excitement I had during the application process because it IS my life. Wow, pop music is dictating my blog today but as Ke$ha is singing to me right now ‘you know we’re superstars. We are who we are’ Maybe I’m taking this out of context just a tiny bit, but it’s kinda true right? So I’m a Peace Corps Volunteer, we are who we are.

Okay- I didn’t want to spend a lot of time on this blog because the real purpose of this blog was simply to say.... I want to blog. So a challenge to myself: A blog every ... what’s fair? Day? Week? Month? Umm okay, how about this, I will TRY to post a blog every day until Easter! Yeah, I like it... It’s like my late lent to blogging. Maybe that should be my title.

Wish me luck. Anyone who knows me, knows that I will need it.

2 comments:

  1. if you became a millionaire for real you should share some of your profits with me and help me start a company or something! And buy some snacks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are you the new me? I relate pop music to daily like. Duh. lol

    ReplyDelete