Saturday, March 19, 2011

A blog for Maggie

I thought I would post a quick blog specifically for Maggie. She was nice enough to send me her thoughts on my blogs that I’ve written so far... so since I’m on a blogging streak anyway, instead of replying to her message privately on Facebook, why not make this a blog? (Thanks Magz- I need all the blog ideas I can get )

So here is Maggie’s message to me. I am justifying publicly posting this since she was going to put it on my Facebook wall. And that’s basically as public as my blog!

“First I want to say I tried to post the following on your wall and then a message popped up that read "your post can not exceed 1,000 characters".. k whatever face book rules! ill send it as a message then. so here ya go-

so im catching up on your last 3 blogs and thought id post my thoughts: 1. referencing your life in the Philippines to pop music...you would probably do that here but being there makes me wonder if youre starting to lose it just a little 2. not wanting to admit this but reading your pop music references to your life all im thinking is "hmm she kinda has a point- it is like being a billionaire...they are who they are.." (ok maybe im losing it a little) 3. tsunami warning- so we must be sisters because i, like you, felt very oblivious to all that was happening until the thought of how very close you were to all the nightmare hit me (basically grandmas text letting everyone know you were safe)... i too am so sorry for all of japan and yet so thankful you were placed elsewhere. 4. seriously, still got that sore throat huh? k.. had to note that. 5. uh i find myself translating some of your blog via the scratch paper i jog down all the lingo you fill me in on, but for all of your other followers it might be a nice side note to explain what certain things mean (like chica) lol 6. GLOBAL MEDIA CENTER/LIBRARY?! awesome celia. im literally tearing up smiling and reading your most recent blog knowing prayers and support from all of those you confided in with this dream for your school could actually be coming true and in such a much larger way than you or any of us could have ever imagined! I wont get my hopes up and i know you wont either but man..this could be AWESOME!

....OK so this is my mini blog on the thoughts of your blog lol. once i reached 5 points i was going to try to just make 10 but then i thought when i got to number 6 (which was long) that 10 could be a little extreme. but hey, it was this or responding in great length to each of your blog posts and that could be exhausting too lol. cant wait to read more tomorrow. i love you. glad this was your "refined carbs" for lent”

Sweet message, right? Okay- here we go:

1. Yes, Maggie. I think it is very obvious that I am losing it just a little. Thank you for pointing it out though. Lol. Although, I did not reference a Bieber song or a Taylor Swift song – when that happens... just shoot me.

2. If you found my pop music references slightly true or insightful, I don’t necessarily think it means you are losing it. It just means you understand my brain still which makes me happy!

3. Perfectly normal. And I am glad that grandma can still make sure to keep up with me and keep everyone at home updated. She is magical. Seriously think about it, she keeps up with everyone. We have a great grandma!

4. No. Lol.

5. Keep reminding me of this! I guess I assume people will figure things out via context clues.. but yeah you are right, I can put footnotes at the end.
(chika chika – small talk)

6. Indeed, indeed. I wish I had more to say about this but things have been crazy so there hasn’t been much as far as updates go. You’ll understand as I post more blogs.

My thoughts to your thoughts:

1. I appreciate that you read and respond to my blogs. You know I’m not always super motivated to write but knowing you read and have genuine interest in what’s going on is super inspiring for me. I am so glad I have you as a sister and best friend.

2. I enjoyed reading your response. I can tell that we are sisters by your conversational tone in the message. I think our brains operate the same way. You should write blogs too. I’d totally read them.

3. I love you and miss you.

4. I think I’m going to go eat some rice, bread, pasta, and sugar. :D

1 comment:

  1. If you relate to Bieber and Swift, I will personally come to the Philippines and take you out of your misery.

    ReplyDelete